A closer look at STEPS
- participating in or witnessing combat
- domestic violence / domestic abuse
- sexual, physical, or emotional abuse
- being a victim of a crime
- chronic exposure to hardship
- growing up in a harsh environment
- cancer, life-threatening/chronic illness, or painful medical procedures
- adoption difficulties / Attachment Reactive Disorder
- human trafficking
- witnessing a loved one get hurt or losing a loved one
- abuse from someone in authority
- infidelity or tumultuous divorce
Then you are at the right place.
traumatic event. We are staffed with competent, experienced, and empathic clinicians who are trained in trauma-informed treatment. We approach each case individually, assessing your and your family’s needs first, then collaboratively creating an individualized treatment plan that fits your goals, fostering healing and growth.
We also maintain an ever-growing database of entries on a variety of topics related to trauma exposure, impact, and healing. You can access it under our Health News tab.
Is this for me?