Counseling and Trauma Care
Here, at STEPS, our goal is to provide high-quality, evidence-based, and holistic treatment for all affected by adverse and traumatic events. We are staffed with licensed clinicians, with years of experience and expertise in treating consequences of trauma, such as depression, anxiety, panic, and Post-Traumatic Stress.
We also recognize that traumatic events do not occur in a vacuum. It is our deep conviction that family involvement and social support are instrumental in the recovery process. Therefore, we also provide the following therapy modalities for all recovering from traumatic symptoms, as well as family members and significant others who need support in supporting their loved ones.
Our clinicians are happy to provide workshops on recognizing the symptoms of trauma, trauma-informed care, and other topics. Please call 631-683-8499 for more information.
Dr. Stoycheva’s most recent workshops/trainings include:
- What (Not) to Do When Someone Has Post-Traumatic Stress: A Field Guide for Loved Ones, Clinicians, and the Community /WellLife Network, Winter 2020/
- Trauma and Mental Health: The Impact of Trauma /presentation to over 300 state troopers and campus sexual assault prevention, response, and recovery workers & first responders, Albany, NY, Fall 2019/
- Trauma and Mental Health: Managing Our Own Responses to Working With Trauma /presentation to over 300 state troopers and campus sexual assault prevention, response, and recovery workers & first responders, Albany, NY, Fall 2019/
- The Intersection Between Trauma, Eating Disorders, and Addiction: From Isolation to Reattachment /at the 1st annual Enough Is Enough conference for campus sexual assault prevention, response, and recovery, Spring 2019/
- Expanding Veteran Care to the Family /at the 4th annual Community Strong Military Veterans conference, 2018/
- TF-CBT Adaptations for Military and Veteran Families /at the Mental Health and Wellness Association, 2017/
- What Challenges are Military Families Facing Today? /at the annual VHALI conference, 2017/